Technique---Knots

I have had quite a few requests for basic techniques. Here is one for "Knots"
I apologize in advance for the flash. I usually turn it off, but since it was starting to get dark, the flash needed to be on.


Start with her hair in a ponytail. This is straight-out-of-the-shower, so there is no hair spray or gel involved. I usually use the product. It makes for a smoother knot.





Slide the tail end of a rat-tailed comb under the center of the ponytail. It makes you feel better if your comb is pink, by-the-way.




Holding tight onto the comb, pull the elastic up, I'd say about 3/4 of an inch.




Now, follow through with your forefinger all the way through the hair.





Flip the hair up and


through the space where your finger is.



Pull the hair all of the way through.




Pick up the ponytail and




split it in half.




Then pull the two sides until the elastic is tight agains the twists.





Then I comb the hair smooth.



Ta dah! A knot!